"And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."
James 5:15 (NKJV)
The prayer of faith is full of Scripture and Promises from God. Many of the prayers the Apostles prayed in the Book of Acts were filled with the Scriptures. The prayer of faith is a bold declaration of miraculous answers and opens the door to salvation and the resurrection power of Jesus Christ in our lives.
God’s goodness is manifested in our lives as we surrender our life to God. Below are the 7 steps:
- Desire: Prayerfully know what you want and fervently desire to draw near to God.
- Decide: Our decisions are to be guided and directed by God.
- Ask: Ask with faith without giving up. Persist in prayer, until you see your breakthrough. Do not give up as more happens during times of failure. During this time, we build resilience and strength of character.
- Receive: When you pray, believe you will receive according to God’s will. Faith conceives in the spiritual realm and faith believes before seeing. (Mark 11:23 -24)
- See it: There is power in visualisation. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5:16) Faith gives us power to have an overcoming spirit. Have faith in God, yourself and others.
- Speak it: “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23) When we speak out the promises of God in our lives, we are agreeing with God for his promises to come forth. When we speak the truth of the Word of God over our lives, we are “rebooted”, “upgraded”, refreshed, renewed and empowered to be more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!
- Act: We are then, to take a step of faith. Examples could be: giving at a higher level of generosity, starting that business you have been dreaming about for years, laying hands on the sick so that they may be healed etc. We are encouraged by the story of the prophet Elijah – When he was praying for rain, nothing happened the first time, so he prayed again and then again. He prayed 6 times and saw nothing. Then on the 7th time of prayer, a tiny cloud was seen on the horizon. And showers of rain were on their way! Keep praying and believing and have faith that your miracle is on its way.
"The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing."
Psalm 34:10 (NKJV)
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
- Reflect/share on a time when you have had to activate a prayer of faith and seen God move in your life.
- What are some practical steps we can take to grow our prayer life?
- What is a Next Step we can explore to immerse ourselves in the power of the Word of God?
- Prayerfully consider one person you can reach out to this week, who needs encouragement or a breakthrough in some area.