“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.”
Acts 10:38 (NIV)
God anointed Jesus to:
- Do good
- Heal all that were tormented by the devil
- Heal all kinds of diseases (Matthew 4:23)
- Serve (Mark 10:45)
Jesus came to give us a model for life and as we follow Him, we are to be transformed to become more like Him – to bring His salvation, love and healing into this world.
- Sets you free from sin (1 John 1:9)
- Sets you free from sickness
- Sets you free from the devil (Col 2:15)
- Sets you free from poverty (2 Cor 8:9)
- Sets you free from the curse
- Sets you free from self (Romans 6:6)
- Sets you free from the world (Gal 6:14)
For us today, the process of knowing Jesus is to have our hearts and minds opened to the full reality of what He has done for us.
- He has reconciled us to a Holy God, through the forgiveness of sins, cancellation of our debts, and counting his righteousness to us.
- Disarmed the powers of condemnation that would keep us feeling disconnected to a Holy God.
- Disarmed the powers that energises and sustains evil and darkness in our personal lives and society (corruption, prejudice, ignorance of oppression, abuse or power, idolatry etc). We need to exercise this authority and be open to it guiding our world/society to see this become a tangible reality.
- Defeated death, the final consequence of our disconnection because of sin. Offering us eternal life through faith in Him.
- Brought us freedom from the law and our nature of sin.
- Brought us healing - spiritually, physically and emotionally.
We are built for community and have got a calling on our life – to share love and grace, with no judgement. To bring healing and wholeness through Jesus Christ.
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
- Reflect/share about any experiences you have had on God’s goodness and healing power in your life.
- What are some areas that we can pray for each other?
- Consider what would be a next step in building relationships within your family and community.
- Prayerfully look for opportunities to serve or lend a hand to someone in your community. (e.g. helping a neighbour or someone who needs assistance with carrying their groceries, serving at a C3 Cares outreach near your location etc)