HOW TO CREATE A ZOOM MEETING WHERE PARTICIPANTS CAN JOIN BY PHONE CALL
We are excited to be able to stay connected online! We will be hosting our weekly prayer meetings and team huddles on Zoom so we can still gather and pray together!
As a connect leader, you may also choose to use ZOOM to run connect meetings online.
Please note: You will need a paid Zoom account to allow people to join via phone call in Australia toll-free.
The basic steps for creating a ZOOM meeting where people can call in via phone call are:
- Log into your Zoom account
- Select 'Schedule a Meeting'
- Select 'Telephone and Computer Audio' under the Audio settings.
- Then next to 'Dial in from the United States' click 'Edit'
- Select 'Australia' and deselect 'Unites States' **
- Select 'Done'
- Then select 'Schedule' - this will take you to an email calendar invite which you can send, or you can go into 'upcoming meetings' to find your 'meeting details'.
- It is best to directly send anyone you want to join by phone these specific details: a meeting time, the phone number to call, and the meeting ID number.
**If the options for countries do not appear, you may not have a paid account (it will only work on a paid account).
Please see our next tutorial, How to Join a ZOOM Meeting as a Phonecall for more information on joining as a participant.
We will now go through the steps in more detail below:
Sign into your Zoom account using your username and password - it will need to be a paid account, or you will need to upgrade your account to allow phone calls to join.
On the home page menu, select 'Schedule a Meeting'.
Under the Audio settings, select the option 'Telephone and Computer Audio.'
Then next to 'Dial in from the United States' click Edit.
From the menu, select 'Australia' and deselect 'United States'.
If you do not have a paid account, these options will not appear.
Select 'Schedule' in the bottom right corner.
From here you will be able to send calendar invites, or send the link to people via text message.
For people to join by phone they will need 3 things:
- The time of the meeting
- The phone number to call (give them the number that starts with +61 2 for NSW)
- The meeting ID number which they will need to enter.
It is best to directly send these 3 details to the person wanting to phone in.
You can find these details by going into your 'upcoming meetings' in the ZOOM app and selecting the meeting (image below).
Please see our next tutorial, How to Join a ZOOM Meeting as a Phonecall for more information for a participant wanting to join by phone call.
Enjoy your meeting!