God has a very clear goal for us. What is God’s goal? It is about who we are becoming. God is like a gardener and there is a process in which He transforms us and our character. Sometimes withholding what we want and instead giving us what we need, to become who God has planned us to be.
Turn & Position:
We are to turn towards God and position our lives in God’s way. God is working on shaping us into the image of Christ. He is an intentional Creator.
"But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed."
2 Cor 3:16 (ESV)
Light eliminates darkness as the Holy Spirit gives us sight. We need the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."
2 Cor 3:17 (NIV)
What does it look like to look like Jesus?
- Confidence: Our confidence is in Christ, in our standing with God. "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."Hebrews 4:16 (NIV), 1 John 5:14 (NIV), Gal 4:7 (NIV)
- Connection: God is three in one; Father, Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Jesus connected with God in prayer but He also always connected with people. Therefore, we are also to always connect with God and people.
- Contribution: Jesus’s nature is to give. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)
SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
- What are some practical ways in which you can tune in to hear what God’s goal is for you?
- Like a gardener, are there any areas in your life that you feel that God wants to transform or that he wants you to build your confidence in Him? Pray for each other and share if you feel comfortable.
- What is a Next Step you can take to contribute and give of yourself and your talents to the body of Christ (including your local church)? Is there an area in church life or in your local community that God is prompting you to serve or assist in?
- Prayerfully and intentionally consider who you can connect with and generously bless this week. It could be a kind word of encouragement, financial assistance or a helping hand to someone in need.