EFFECTIVE CONNECT GROUPS
A series of short films featuring all kinds of tips and tricks on running an effective Connect Group.
WHEN YOU FEEL OUT OF YOUR DEPTH
Sometimes you have to lead others that are older than you. Sometimes people are going through situations you have no understanding about... how do you overcome the daunting task of leading this person(s) and what are some good ways to go about it?
MULTIPLICATION: HOW & WHY
We've heard it's a good idea and often encouraged to do so, but what's the point of it, when's a good time to do it and how do I take the first step in the right direction?
THE LOUDEST VOICE
Sometimes the loudest voice doesn't have to be the one who dominates the conversation. The weight of a few words of wisdom can often impact the deepest. This video discusses ideas to manage balanced conversations within your group and ways to help everyone have their say.
THE INTROVERTED VOICE
It's not that they don't have anything to say - often the introverts of the group will come out with the wisest, most profound words. But it can be hard to hear those words sometimes. This video explores how to get the best out of your group, not just the extroverts.
CONFLICT IN THE GROUP
The disunity that conflict brings can effect a Connect Group in a significant way. Strategies to diffuse disunity are key to leading a group with purpose. Watch this discussion for ways to combat conflict within your group.
As a church our goal is help people find community. This means that if a connect group is finishing up we want to do what we can to ensure it’s easy for them to connect into another group.
- When starting a group please make clear the time frame that you intend to run it for. Are you running it for 1 semester or for the year? Whatever commitment you make please do your best to ensure you see out your group for the duration of that time.
- We understand that situations can change suddenly that impact your ability to run your group. If you are no longer able to run your group and can’t see it out for the duration of your commitment please do the following:
- Tell your connect coach as soon as you think you are going to need to stop your group. Ideally give them 6-8 weeks’ notice. This enables your coach to help you communicate with and transition your members.
- Have someone you can hand the group on to and announce to your members they’ll be leading the group as of a specific date. This is the preferred method and is best done with as much notice as possible.
- If replacing yourself isn’t possible, please get a list of connect groups from your coach and have conversations with each of your members around what their options are. Help them connect into those groups then report back to your coach.
For interest or inquiries, please email email@example.com